Facebook Store allow businesses to create a virtual storefront on Facebook and Instagram where they can sell products directly to customers. The feature was launched in 2020 and has been available in over 100 countries. However, it has not been widely adopted in the five countries where it is being discontinued.
Facebook said that businesses will still be able to use Facebook and Instagram to promote their products and drive traffic to their websites. However, they will no longer be able to sell products directly through the platforms.
The discontinuation of Facebook Store is a setback for businesses that were using the feature. However, there are a number of other e-commerce platforms available that businesses can use to sell their products (get your own e-commerce website).
How could I keep my facebook store?
If you are located outside of the United States, you will no longer be able to create or manage a Facebook Store in some countries on August 10, 2023, since Facebook stores access will no longer be available for stores that do not have the ‘Checkout with Facebook or Instagram’ option enabled. This includes stores that use the ‘Checkout with Message’ option and stores that direct people to an e-commerce website to complete a purchase instead of allowing it to be done directly through Facebook or Instagram.
After August 10, 2023, businesses that do not have the ‘Checkout’ option enabled in their stores will no longer be able to use features related to the stores, such as organic product tagging in posts and new custom or lookalike audiences created from people who have visited a store.
After the third quarter of 2023, users located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland will experience changes to the stores, focusing more on driving product discovery through the product detail page, product tagging in organic posts, product-tagged ads, and website conversions. Some features like the store, wishlist, and collections will no longer be available in these markets to prioritize this new simplified and optimized experience.
However, businesses in the 21 international markets listed below can continue using Facebook and Instagram stores without enabling the ‘Checkout with Facebook or Instagram’ option until further notice. These markets are: Germany, Australia, Brazil, Canada, South Korea, Denmark, Spain, France, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Taiwan, and Ukraine.
What will happen to my Facebook and instagram store in Latin America
If you are located in Latin America, you will no longer be able to create or manage a Facebook or Instagram Shop from August 10, 2023. This is because Facebook is discontinuing the Facebook Shops feature in Colombia and other selected countries.
If you already have a Facebook Store, you will be able to keep it and continue using it until August 10, 2023. However, you will not be able to add any new products to your shop or make any changes to your shop settings after that date.
Facebook is discontinuing the Facebook Stores feature in Colombia for a number Facebook and Instagram stores won’t be available any more?
Facebook and Instagram announced that they will be discontinuing the Facebook Shops feature in some Latin American countries and changing their policies on many on August 10, 2023. The company cited low usage and competition from other e-commerce platforms as the reasons for the discontinuation.
of reasons, including:
- Low usage: Facebook Store have not been widely adopted in Colombia.
- Competition: There are a number of other e-commerce platforms available in Colombia, and e-commerce websites having more traffic and success.
- Regulatory challenges: Facebook is facing regulatory challenges in Colombia, which is making it difficult to operate the Facebook Shops feature.
If you have a Facebook Store in Latin America, you should start planning for the discontinuation of the feature. (get your own e-commerce website)
- Export your Store data: You can export your shop data, such as product listings, customer orders, and shipping information. This will help you to keep track of your sales and customers if you decide to move your business to another e-commerce platform.
- Notify your customers: Let your customers know that you will no longer be able to sell products through your Facebook Shop. You can do this by sending them an email or posting a message on your Facebook Page.
- Move your business to another e-commerce platform: If you want to continue selling products online, you can move your business to another e-commerce website store.
What will happen to the facebook marketplace in Latin America.
The Facebook Marketplace will continue to be available in Colombia. However, there will be some changes to the way it works.
Starting August 10, 2023, Facebook will no longer allow businesses to sell products on the Marketplace in Colombia. This means that only individuals will be able to list products for sale. Facebook is making this change in order to focus on the Marketplace as a platform for individuals to buy and sell goods. The company believes that this will make the Marketplace a more user-friendly and safe experience for everyone.
If you are a business in Colombia that sells products on the Marketplace, you will need to find another platform to sell your products. (get your own e-commerce website) If you are an individual in Colombia who wants to buy or sell goods on the Marketplace, you will still be able to do so. However, you will only be able to buy or sell from other individuals.
Facebook hopes that these changes will make the Marketplace a more popular and useful platform for everyone in Colombia.
What will be the best option for my online business
The best option for moving your store and continuing with an online business will depend on your specific needs and circumstances. However, some popular options include:
- Moving your store to a new e-commerce platform: There are a number of different e-commerce platforms available, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Some popular options include Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento. When choosing a new platform, you will need to consider factors such as your budget, the features you need, and the level of support you require.
- Creating your own website: You can create your own website to sell your products. This gives you more control over the look and feel of your store, as well as the ability to add features that are not available on other platforms. (get your own e-commerce website).
- Selling your products on social media: You can also sell your products directly on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. This is a great way to reach a wider audience and connect with potential customers. However, it can be difficult to manage your sales and customer service on multiple platforms. (get a digital marketing plan)
No matter which option you choose, it is important to do your research and choose a platform that is right for you. You should also make sure that you have a clear plan for marketing your store and reaching your target audience.
Here are some additional tips for moving your store and continuing with an online business:
- Export your data: Before you move your store, be sure to export your data so that you can easily import it into your new platform. This includes your product listings, customer information, and order history.
- Notify your customers: Let your customers know that you are moving your store and provide them with the new website address or contact information. You can do this by sending an email or posting a message on your social media pages.
- Promote your new store: Once you have moved your store, be sure to promote it to your target audience. You can do this through social media, email marketing, and paid advertising.
- Provide excellent customer service: Offering excellent customer service is essential for any online business. Be sure to respond to customer inquiries promptly and professionally.
By following these tips, you can make the transition to an online business as smooth as possible.
In conclusion, with the upcoming discontinuation of Facebook and Instagram Stores in certain regions, businesses must adapt and explore alternative solutions to continue their online presence and maximize sales opportunities. While the discontinuation may pose challenges for some, it also opens doors to explore more flexible and robust options. After careful consideration of various alternatives, creating a WooCommerce website emerges as the best option for many businesses.
WooCommerce offers a comprehensive and customizable e-commerce platform, empowering businesses to maintain full control over their online store’s look, features, and functionalities. Its user-friendly interface ensures a seamless shopping experience for customers, while the availability of various plugins and extensions caters to unique business needs. Additionally, the integration of multiple payment gateways and shipping options enables smooth transactions and delivery processes.
By opting for a WooCommerce website, businesses can overcome the limitations of social media store closures, expand their reach to a broader online audience, and establish a dedicated online presence. With the ability to export data from their current stores and effectively notify customers of the transition, businesses can seamlessly migrate to their new WooCommerce platform without losing valuable customer data or engagement.
Furthermore, a WooCommerce website empowers businesses to leverage digital marketing strategies, such as email marketing, SEO, and social media advertising, to attract and retain customers effectively. By promoting the new website and providing excellent customer service, businesses can build a loyal customer base and foster long-term growth.
In the ever-changing landscape of e-commerce, embracing the transition from social media stores to a WooCommerce website signifies a strategic move that ensures longevity and adaptability. As the e-commerce market continues to evolve, businesses that choose to establish their presence on a versatile platform like WooCommerce will position themselves for success in the digital marketplace and thrive in an increasingly competitive online environment.